Thursday, July 19, 2007

What have I done?

I think I got myself a new job today. How I did that I don't know. I was sitting in the cafeteria eating lunch with a candidate for the Director of Student Activties position. She is currently the director of Multi-Ethnic Student programs at another school. The conversation turned to international student relations at Anderson. And before I knew it all 3 of my co-workers at the table and pointed their fingers at me to become the Advisor for the International Club at Anderson. This poceeded into saying the position needed to be permanent and that they could create a house for me where MY office would be that I could use for the international students. Then I was creating a table for the international club at Anderson and the schools annual club fair in less than a month! Then I was getting all the old information from the international club's active days on campus. Then I was recuiting one of my RA's this year to help me out. How did this happen? I guess that is an example of God giving you what you ask for. 3 days ago I expressed a passion to my co-workers for international students and today they're talking about finding someone to replace me in a year. So to answer the question about what I have done? Nothing. God's done everything. I just pray I can keep up!

No comments: