Friday, July 6, 2007

The Biltmore!


Alright, so I have a new love in my life and it is a a very large house. My mom and grandma came to visit me this past weekend and on Monday we went to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. It was amazing. The house was finished in 1895 and was built by George W. Vanderbilt. It is the largest privately owned residence in the US. You get to take a self guided tour of five floors of the house. Then there are the 8,000 acres of the grounds that the family still owns. The dining hall has to be at least 4 stories high with a triple fire place and organ. There is an indoor heated swimming pool, one of the first private bowling alleys in the country and a gymnasium. In the main saloon on the first floor, there is a chess set that was owned (and I assume played) by Napolean Bonaparte. I'm mean, why not! I could go on forever, but no one wants to hear that. I just want you all to come and visit me so we can go and see this incredible place! And ride bikes along the bike paths and maybe ride horses! Yipee!

No comments: