Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I guess comfort is in order...for now...

So it is official. I have decided after much prayer and discussion with APU that I will not be taking the position in Germany next year. Though this would be an ideal for me to live aboard, and Germany is a place I have always wanted to go back to, I don't think that this is opportunity for me.
When I asked for a job description from APU this is what I got,"You will have time to take a class at the University or work at the local K-Mart". Yup. That's what he said. So I added it up in my head and I felt that not only would I be lonely as the only staff person there, I would be bored which would eventually equal depressed. And also it seemed like a step backward professionally for me.
So I am moving on from there. Where to? I'm not sure. I've been doing a lot of thinking on the future recently, and the more I think about it, the more muddy it seems to become. Because of this I am learning that I just need to really be in what God has given me today. He hasn't promised me tomorrow or next year. So I need to do the best with what he's given me today, and do all I can to bring glory to his name. Lofty goal to be sure, but very hard for us sinners. But I keep praying that with each day God, in his grace, will choose to use me in whatever way he sees fit.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

1 comment:

Krystle said...

seriously....update.